Make it and store it – all in one! Enjoy a pie in a cup with these gluten free pumpkin pie cream cups!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see full Disclaimer.
Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie Cream Cups
Things that dreams are made of! Seriously! These Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie Cream Cups are out of this world AMAZING!
Everything is pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin lately for good reason! I mean, pumpkin is awesome but we are just about to start Fall (or at least we are as I am writing this) and then we can officially eat pumpkin daily without the need for an excuse.
I eat it year round anyway, but that is just me!
With 3 decadent layers, you might not be able to stop at just one!
First, we have a no-bake cinnamon “graham cracker” crust, with a pumpkin pie cream middle layer, with a fluffy homemade whipped cream topping. YUM!
These single-serve pumpkin pie cups are perfect to serve to multiple people OR to keep in your fridge and eat one a day. Shh…. I won’t tell!
How to Store Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie Cups
Mason jars of course! You certainly don’t have to, but it makes this yummy dessert easy to access and will make it last longer!
And, of course, make sure you store your mason jars in the fridge.
How Long Will This Gluten Free Pumpkin Dessert Last?
If stored properly, it will easily last for 3-4 days! I’ve had them for longer, but I just want to be safe!
How to Toast Almond Flour
Do NOT skip toasting the almond flour. This is essential to the taste of this no-bake gluten-free “graham cracker” base. Almond flour is quite easy to toast, BUT it is also very easy to burn!
All you need to do is put your almond flour in a wide frying pan, patting it down with a spatula so it is spread out. Medium heat is perfect for this. No higher.
Let it sit for a minute or two as the pan warms up and then start moving it around with the spatula about every 30 seconds or so. It is going to look like nothing is getting toasted and you will be tempted to turn up the heat. DON’T TURN IT UP!
Suddenly, it will start toasting quickly. This is when you need to start stirring and moving the almond flour around continuously until it is a nice golden brown.
Promptly remove from heat AND the pan.
Make sure to check out How to Toast Almond Flour if you want to see a demo!
How to Make Powdered Sweetener
Do you know how to make your own powdered sweetener? NO need to buy it! I am not a fan of sugar in general, but certainly not regular sugar and regular powdered sugar.
All you need to do is put the sweetener in a small blender, like a ninja or a magic bullet and blend for about 30-60 seconds until powdered. Not only will this save you money, but it also quick and easy to make your own!
I generally use cane sugar or coconut sugar as a replacement. Or if I am making a keto/low carb powdered sweetener, then I will generally use Monkfruit.
Make sure to check out How to Make Powdered Sweetener if you want to see a demo!
How To Make Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie Cream Cups
First of all, you need to make sure super simple crust layer. Did you know that it is just a variation of my No-Bake Gluten-Free Graham Cracker Crust? It’s perfect!
It is so simple too! Just combine all the ingredients, split into 3 equal parts, and press it down into the bottom of 3 mason jars.
Then it is time to make the pumpkin pie cream filling! The best part!
You simply warm up the heavy whipping cream in a large frying pan.
Add the dry ingredients and mix well.
Then temper the egg, add the pumpkin puree, stir while it thickens. BAM – it’s done!
Remove from heat and add evenly to each of the 3 mason jars.
Put jars in the fridge or freezer for 10 minutes to cool.
Finally, make your homemade whipped cream and top each mason jar!
Are you ready to make your own? Full instructions below!
Other Delicious Gluten Free Desserts From the Gluten Free Option That You Might Like
- 1 1/4 cup toasted almond flour
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup powdered coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pumpkin Mousse Filling
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon almond flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- Whipping Cream (recipe cut in half)!
- (optional) pumpkin pie spice to sprinkle on top
- Get your 3 mason jars ready, about 8 ounces each
- In a medium bowl, mix dry ingredients together until well combined.
- Add melted butter and continue mixing by hand. No need to use hand beaters.
- Fold and press to get all chunks out until nicely combined.
- Split crust into 3 jars and press down into the bottom of each mason jar.
- Set aside.
Pumpkin Cream Filling
- Add 2 egg yolks to a small bowl, beat, and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, warm heavy whipping cream over medium heat until hot.
- In a small bowl, mix cane sugar, almond flour, pumpkin pie spice, salt and xanthan gum.
- Once the heavy whipping cream mixture is hot, add dry ingredient mixture.
- Continue stirring until sauce begins to thicken. This will take about 3-4 minutes depending on the heat. It will start to lightly bubble. Keep stirring until slightly thicker.
- Temper egg yolks: Pour a small amount of hot mixture into the bowl with the eggs. Mix quickly and add back into hot mixture.
- Add pumpkin puree to saucepan.
- Continue stirring for another few minutes as sauce begins to thicken even more.
- Remove from heat and add evenly to each of the 3 mason jars.
- Put jars in the fridge or freezer for 10 minutes to cool.
- Top with Whipping Cream
- Finally, sprinkled optional pumpkin pie spice.
- Keep cold and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Anthony's Organic Coconut Sugar, 5lb, Gluten Free, Non GMO, Vegan, Natural Sweetener
- Kate Naturals Xanthan Gum. 100% Natural. Perfect For Gluten-Free Baking, Cooking & Thickening Sauces, Gravies & Shakes. Non-GMO. Large Resealable Bag. 1-Year Guarantee. (8 oz (Starter Size))
- Anthony's Almond Meal Flour, Natural Unblanched, 5lbs, Batch Tested Gluten Free, Keto Friendly
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 523 Total Fat: 55g Saturated Fat: 34g Trans Fat: 2g Unsaturated Fat: 17g Cholesterol: 275mg Sodium: 248mg Carbohydrates: 5g Net Carbohydrates: 4g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 5g