Enjoy these gluten free peanut butter cookies without all the yucky ingredients. The perfect blend of crunch and melt in your mouth goodness!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see full Disclaimer.
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies
There is almost nothing better than gluten-free peanut butter cookies, especially when you get that craving for a quick and easy gluten-free dessert.
I don’t eat peanut butter that often, but when I do – you can rest assured that it will be in the form of a cookie!
My kids, however, practically live on peanut butter. And yet they still devour every crumb when I make these delicious gluten-free peanut butter cookies.
I also make beautiful low carb peanut butter cookies, so make sure to check those out as well!
Should You Refrigerate The Dough Before Baking These Peanut Butter Cookies?
You do NOT need to refrigerate the dough for these cookies.
Chilling dough in cookies keeps the cookies from spreading out too much. These cookies naturally keep their form, so you do not need to take the time to chill the dough!
Can You Use Natural Peanut Butter in Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies?
You sure can! I make these cookies with Adam’s Natural Peanut Butter as well as your everyday “Jiff” variety. Both turn out fantastic. I prefer to stay away from the sugary peanut butter, though, so I like to use natural peanut butter.
I even like to use the crunchy variety as well. This last batch, I used half crunchy and have smooth. It was perfect!
How Do You Store Peanut Butter Cookies?
The best way to store these delicious gluten free peanut butter cookies is to place them in an airtight container in the fridge.
You do want to keep them chilled.
When stored properly, they should last a good 3-4 days.
How to Make Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies
Are you ready? Let’s get to baking these delicious and peanut buttery cookies!
Gather those ingredients and let’s go!
First of all, you want to preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
In a large bowl, add olive oil, butter and sweeteners. Using a hand beater, combine them well.
When well combined, add the egg and peanut butter and continue mixing.
In a separate medium bowl, combine the remaining dry ingredients and mix well.
Then simply add your dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and continue beating with your hand beaters.
Your dough should be moist and slightly crumbly. No need to refrigerate the dough! WOOHOO!
Start rolling dough balls, about 1.5 inches each. This will make approximately 40 cookies, but it heavily depends on the size.
Now its time to give them the signature peanut butter cookie look!
Using a fork, make a criss-cross pattern. Press down gently on each cookie, then rotate the fork and press down lightly again.
Now its time to bake! Bake for about 12 minutes. They will be soft when you remove them from the oven. Let them sit on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes to continue baking.
Other Gluten Free Dessert Recipes From The Gluten Free Option You Might Enjoy
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup brown sweetener (I use a low carb sweetener - Lakanto golden monk fruit)
- 1/2 cup sweetener (I use a low carb sweetener - Lakanto monk fruit)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (I use 1/2 smooth and 1/2 crunchy)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup gluten-free baking flour (I use Bob's Redmill 1 to 1 flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add olive oil, butter and sweeteners to a large bowl and cream together using hand beaters.
- Once well mixed, add egg and peanut butter. Continue mixing with beaters until well combined.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well and then add to peanut butter mixture. Continue beating.
- Roll dough balls about 1.5 inches thick and add to baking sheet.
- Using a fork, make criss-cross patters, flattening slightly.
- Bake 375 for 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit on baking sheet for 5-10 minutes to continue baking.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour, 44 Ounce (Pack of 1)
- Natierra Himalania Himalayan Fine Pink Salt Shaker, 13 Oz
- Bob's Red Mill Resealable Gluten Free Baking Powder, 14 Oz (6 Pack)
- Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener, 1:1 Sugar Substitute, Keto, Non-GMO (Golden - 1 Pound)
- Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener, 1:1 Sugar Substitute, Keto, Non-GMO (Classic White - 3 lbs)
Serving Size1 cookie
Amount Per Serving Calories 56Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 8mgSodium 26mgCarbohydrates 4gNet Carbohydrates 4gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 1g
Nutrition Calculation is done by a third party tool and should only be used as an estimate. Always double check your nutritional information.