These gluten-free butter cookies have a delicious browned butter crunch on the exterior with a soft and chewy center! The perfect mix for a cookie!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see full Disclaimer.
Gluten Free Butter Cookies
Butter is just one of those things that I have loved since I was a child. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t sit there and eat it with a spoon or anything. But I love butter on toast, on pasta, eggs cooked in it, and put on just about any kind of bread.
I just love how it tastes WITH things.
These gluten-free butter cookies will give you just a hint of that delicious butter combined with cinnamon sweetness.
Pretty much an incredibly versatile cookie that can be made year-round for any occasion! But who needs an occasion? Make these any time!
How Do You Make Gluten Free Cookies Less Crumbly?
There are actually many ways, but I have one little secret. Are you ready for it? I use coconut flour! If you add some coconut flour in addition to the almond flour, it makes them a little fluffier as well as chewier.
I have an absolutely AMAZING keto chocolate chip cookie recipe that has optional coconut flour. Without it, the cookies spread out more and are crispier. With the coconut flour, they are fluffier and chewy!
It is definitely my little secret for easily adjuting the crunch or chewiness of a cookie!
Are These Low Carb Butter Cookies Crunchy or Chewy?
These cookies are definitely soft and chewy. What makes them unique is that while they are chewy, they do have a slight baked crunch on the outside.
Using less coconut flour will result in a slightly crunchier cookie if that is what you are looking for!
How Do You Store Butter Cookies?
It is best to store these tasty gluten-free butter cookies in an airtight container. I also recommend storing them in the refrigerator. I mean, that is assuming they aren’t eaten up in the first hour!
They should stay fresh for a good 3-4 days if stored properly. I keep them for longer, but 3-4 days is the safe recommendation!
How To Make Gluten Free Butter Cookies
First, let’s get that oven preheated to 325 degrees.
In a medium bowl, mix together almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, sea salt, cinnamon and xanthan gum. Mix well and set aside.
In a large bowl, add butter, sweetener, vanilla and egg. Using a hand beater, mix until combined.
Now, we combine the wet and dry ingredients, so add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and continue beating with hand beaters.
Roll dough into 1 – 1 1/2 inch balls and gently flatten in your hand.
Place on a cookie sheet in rows. They will spread out just slightly, but not much. They will mostly hold their shape.
Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
Other Gluten Free Cookies From The Gluten Free Option
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix together almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, sea salt, cinnamon and xanthan gum. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add butter, sweetener, vanilla and egg. Using a hand beater, mix until combined.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture and continue beating with hand beaters.
- Roll dough into 1 - 1 1/2 inch balls and gently flatten in your hand.
- Place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Bob's Red Mill Resealable Gluten Free Baking Powder, 14 Oz (6 Pack)
- Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener, 1:1 Sugar Substitute, Keto, Non-GMO (Golden - 1 Pound)
- Kate Naturals Xanthan Gum. 100% Natural. Perfect For Gluten-Free Baking, Cooking & Thickening Sauces, Gravies & Shakes. Non-GMO. Large Resealable Bag. 1-Year Guarantee. (8 oz (Starter Size))
- Anthony's Organic Coconut Flour, 4lbs, Batch Tested Gluten Free, Non GMO, Vegan, Keto Friendly
- Anthony's Almond Meal Flour, Natural Unblanched, 5lbs, Batch Tested Gluten Free, Keto Friendly
- Simply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract, Certified Organic, 4-Ounce Glass Bottle
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 85 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 18mg Sodium: 69mg Carbohydrates: 3g Net Carbohydrates: 2g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g