Coquito “eggnog” is a creamy, coconut flavored holiday drink! You get the eggnog without the egg and this is sure to be a hit among all the coconut lovers!
If you are looking to add a tropical feel to your holiday season, try making a batch of coquito for a delicious drink that will please any coconut lover and, in my opinion, any eggnog lover.
I love eggnog. Like truly love eggnog. But I don’t like the idea of making it with eggs.
Call me weird, but the idea just creeps me out.
This is where coquito “eggnog” comes in. You get a similar flavor and consistency without the gg base! That is a win/win in my book!
Is it actually eggnog? No, because it doesn’t contain eggs. BUT it is a great eggnog substitute for those that 1) don’t want egg and/or 2) want to try something new and fun!
What is the Difference Between Coquito and Eggnog?
Coquito, which means “little coconut” has a coconut base.
Eggnog has an egg base.
Both can be made into alcohol and non alcohol drinks and have similar consistencies.
Do I Have to Use Rum in Coquito Eggnog?
No, you do not!
Coquito is made with rum for a creamy adult drink, but can be made without for a family-friendly version. So, go ahead and make one batch for you and one for the kiddos!
How to Store Coquito Eggnog
You will definitely want to store this in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
If it starts to separate, just give it a good shake before serving and you are good to go!
How to Make Coquito Eggnog
Add cream of coconut, coconut milk, evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, white rum and cinnamon to a blender.
Blend until everything is combined and very creamy.
Place in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator to chill for at least 4-6 hours, or overnight.
Serve cool and garnish with optional toppings.
- 1 can (15 ounces) cream of coconut
- 1 can (13.5 ounces) coconut milk
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup white rum
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- (optional toppings) cinnamon, nutmeg or a cinnamon stick
- Add cream of coconut, coconut milk, evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, white rum and cinnamon to a blender.
- Blend until everything is combined and very creamy.
- Place in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator to chill for at least 4-6 hours, or overnight.
- Serve cool and garnish with optional toppings.
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 143 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 7mg Sodium: 78mg Carbohydrates: 14g Net Carbohydrates: 12g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 7g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g